Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Premise vs. Premises in ConfigMgr 2012

Last month during the "Windows Management User Group (WMUG) NL day with Wally Mead", one minor detail was seen in the demo's. I guess nobody was seeing it (?), but I did because a colleague of my (Rob Beekmans, @robbeekmans) was mentioning it to me earlier. Here it comes! :-)

In ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 a Distribution Point type is called On-premise. This is wrong because the proper term is On-premises as in - on your premises (see below).

In ConfigMgr 2012 R2 they corrected this, because a Distribution Point type is now called On-premises. Good job Microsoft!

From Dictionary.com
Premise: a proposition supporting or helping to support a conclusion.
Premises: a tract of land including its buildings.

As I was saying before: one minor detail fixed!
 

2 comments:

  1. For the whole explanation about why on premise is incorrect, read my blog; http://vthoughtsofit.blogspot.nl/2013/05/on-premises-like-on-site.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. This is a cool site and I wanted to post a little note to tell you, good job! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete